FOOD EXPERIENCE FT. GURUKRIPA

Going beyond the horizon and trying new things have always been my thing. I have always been open to experimenting and doing things which make me nervous. Might sound weird but yes that's how I am. 
When I got approached by Blue tan Advertising Company to visit one of their restaurants and try the food there, I was first overwhelmed because they saw my hard work even though it has been just 5 months into blogging and secondly I was pretty nervous because I have never dealt with food tasting or food blogging ever. The 2 F's- FASHION AND FOOD usually go hand in hand but I have never tried food in a critical manner. But I didn't waste much time in comprehending and just grabbed on to this opportunity.

My first impression of the restaurant was that it is not one of those extremely over the top restaurants but just simple, low down, everyday kind of a place. It is absolutely casual but offers various cuisines which caters to everyone's taste buds. Me and my mother went on to try the veg menu but the restaurant offers both- Veg as well as Non Veg. 

The first thing we tried was their famous in house accompliment known as the Cheese Crispy Masala Rumali. I was particularly astonished by the size of this rumali. It could easily be a main course for me, it was that huge. This was basically a huge papad with tomato, onion and coriander dressing and tons of cheeseeee. 
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS?- YES Totally. This is nothing like an accompliment I have ever tasted. Plus absolutely delicious and so inexpensive for the quantity one receives.

 CHEESE CRISPY MASALA RUMALI

Later we ordered for 2 starters, one of them was the Paneer cheese tikki. It is again one of their specialties and Boy special it is. It was everything I ever wanted, Deep fried goodness with moist paneer and cheesy goodness. Just talking about it, makes my mouth water!! 
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?- DUHH!! Obviously. My description for this says it all.

 PANEER CHEESE TIKKI

The 2nd starter was the Palak Cheese Balls. Honestly I din't want to go for this starter because I detest Palak from the bottom of my heart but the manager was raving so much about that is why I went ahead with this. First thoughts, well I couldn't taste the palak at all. So that was a Yayyyy but frankly there was nothing really special about this. It was just your regular cheese balls. I love love cheese so that's why I did enjoy it. 
As compared to few restaurants serving the similar this, the price point of this dish is slightly higher.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?- Ummm you can try other things from the menu as well.

 PALAK CHEESE BALLS

We were almost full after just having the starter. Well small stomach problems!! But after taking a small break we geared ourselves up for the main courses. We went ahead with Chinese cuisine and ordered something safe- Schezwan Noodles. I was slightly disappointed by this particular dish. It was just a plain, pale looking noodle dish and it lacked seasoning. 
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS?- NO. Not at all. 

VEG SCHEZWAN NOODLES

After a disappointing start to the main course, I wasn't expecting much from the 2nd dish- Veg Pot Rice. But when it arrived I was very curious because of the presentation. It was served in a very rustic, homely manner in a earthen pot and looked absolutely divine. This dish is completely worth paying for because it comes along with the gravy and enough to feed 3 people. This is my one of my favorite dishes from the entire tasting.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?- YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

 VEG POT RICE

And finally we could have Dessert. In general the best part of a meal for me is the Dessert. Who can ever deny that? Unfortunately we couldn't eat a full jam packed dessert because there was space left in our tummy. So we went for something lighter- Ice cream with Honey noodles. This was sort of forgettable because it was exactly like any other vanilla ice cream with honey noodles. It was delicious but not that impactful.
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS?- Try the sizzling brownie instead. 

HONEY NOODLE WITH ICE CREAM

My Overall Experience at Gurukripa, Powai was none the less exciting. I got an opportunity to go the road less traveled, pun intended, but also shot 4 amazing looks which will come up on the blog soon and tried these delish dishes.
Even though it is a regular restaurant, it has different vibe to it because of the beautiful roof top seating, indoor bar space and helpful staff members. The variety of food available is just perfect and I would definitely like to go back there to try much more.
The only thing they can improve is the presentation of the dishes and also the decrease the waiting time between courses. 
BLUETAN LINK- https://www.facebook.com/bluetanindia/reviews?ref=page_internal

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING,
KIRAN DANI

P.S: Even though I was invited to the restaurant for a food tasting, all the opinions are my own and it is not sponsored in any shape or form. 

DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE FOLLOW BUTTON ON MY BLOG PAGE.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

CONNECT WITH ME ON:
INSTAGRAM: THEKIRANDANI
TWITTER: DANIKIRAN
ROPOSO: KIRAN06
EMAIL ID: DANIKIRAN6@GMAIL.COM 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites