LA ROCHE POSAY- IS IT WORTH THE HYPE?

Skin being the largest organ of our body requires and deserves all the attention. All are aware of the fact that skin and beauty go hand in hand. For the makeup to sit well on the face, it is necessary to have a good, prepped up skin. Don't want to go all blotchy now, do we?

Skin problems are faced by everyone on this earth. Hardly anyone is blessed with the perfect skin. But if you are, then I do envy you. But anyway, one of the most common skin issue faced by girls and boys of all age group and yes I mean by all age groups is acne. It's not just faced by teenagers anymore, there are cases of adult acne as well. We have heard from pretty much everywhere that the causes of acne are stress, lack of water intake, wrong skincare products and so on. Even after taking so much care, there is always that stubborn, irritating bugger which does pop up and mostly at the wrong time. Ugh Why??

In this fast paced busy life, we hardly have the time to invest in our selves and make packs and apply thousands of products on the face. As well as buying so many products burn a huge hole in our pockets.
Spending almost half of my day on Youtube and instagram, in fact did turn out to be helpful. I watched tons of videos and read a lot and I mean a lot of instagram posts about the La Roche Posay range. Even though I was interested to experiment and try it but I did feel that the entire range was slightly of the pricey side.
After a year or so, I finally caved in and bought the entire range from Nykaa.



The entire range consists of 3 products which is just for people having oily' sensitive and acne prone skin. It is 3 step procedure to cure acne and acne scarring.

1. La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
The La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel comes in two variants. One is the 50 ml tube and other one is the 100 ml tube. The range that I purchased from Nykaa included the 50 ml tube.  



 
The foaming gel comes in a white squeezey tube with a blue top to it.  This makes the perfect variant to travel with and also avoids any danger of spillage.
The foaming gel is transparent and the consistency is slightly on the liquid side for being a gel. But a very small amount of this product goes a long way.  It does justice to its name for sure as it is quite foamy and cleanses the skin, giving it a squeaky clean feel to it. Pretty much all the dirt and grime gets eliminated after washing the face with this product.
My personal experience: This face cleansing gel surely gets rid of all the dirt, dust and impurities. It does have a tingly feel to the skin therefore avoid washing the face with this if you have any cuts, burns or wounds. Also immediately after washing the face, my skin felt slightly dry.

2. La Roche Posay Effaclar Lotion Astringent Micro Exfoliante

The La Roche Posay Effaclar Lotion Astringent Micro Exfoliante is nothing but a toner. This toner is to be used after washing the face with the Effaclar foaming gel. This particular toner comes in a transparent plastic bottle which makes it easier to carry and this bottle consists of 200ml of product. Surely it is on the expensive side but the toner will last for more than 2 months as only 2-3 drops of this product is enough for the entire face. The best thing about this toner is that it is alcohol and paraben free. Also it helps to unclog impurities and tighten the pores.
My personal experience: I'm not really a toner kind of girl. But I did notice a slight difference on my skin after I used this toner. My skin felt tighter and fresher. Even though I felt that after using the foaming gel my skin was completely clean but as I applied the toner, I noticed few more dirt particles on the cotton pad. Also it helped in removing all the white heads on and around my nose area. This definitely proved that it is a mild micro exfolitor. One particular con about this product is that it was very strong for my skin and caused slight irritation on my acne. But after a few minutes the irritation did cool down. So please do a patch test before using this on your face.

3. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+


Last but not the least is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+. This has been the most talked out product from the entire range. Many people have noticed the changes caused by this product. This product claims in a white tube and a nossle in the end which makes it easier to apply the product on a particular spot or acne. This product claims to reduce imperfections within 8 days and unclog pores, refine the texture of the skin and controls the appearance of shine within 4 weeks.  This tube contains about 40ml of product and it is paraben free as well.
My personal experience: The texture of this cream is extremely light and not greasy at all. It feels super light on the skin, almost next to nothing. Just like the other products in the range, it is tingles on the skin but that subsides after a few seconds. I did notice a few of the spots lighten and the redness around the acne reduced as well. It can't replace a moisturiser for sure.

My overall experience with this range has been good. I did get quite good results due to this range.But if you have an event in few days or want instant results, this might not be the one for you.  It can react differently with different skin types.  Also do not completely rely on this range, it is necessary to take care of their diet, increase water intake and of course the regular TLC.

Do comment below if you'll have tried this range and your experience as well. Would love to know more.

KIRAN DANI

Also follow me on all my social media accounts:
Instagram: thekirandani 
Twitter: Danikiran
Email: danikiran6@gmail.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites