MY LIPSTICK STORY


"A small girl since the age of  7 years old would always sit next to her mother whenever her mother would get ready before going out for any family event. She would always wonder why did her mother put lipstick? The child was very intrigued and wanted to try that colorful stick on her lips. But her mother would never allow her to do that. Being the inquisitive child she was, she would always ask the reason for it and  she would always get the same answer that lipsticks are just for adults and it would spoil her rosy pink lips. The child couldn't really do much about it and thought that maybe it just wasn't for her."

Might be wondering who that child is? Well that child is ME.
From a very young age and even till now I've never been much into makeup except for lipsticks. Being from a strict convent school in Mumbai, at such a young age we weren't allowed to use any makeup. It was embedded in our minds that lipsticks are for the elders and not for us and also it would spoil our lips. It is one of the most common dialogues heard especially by Indian kids.
Once I passed out from school and entered the world outside, I realized that when it comes to makeup there is no age barrier. I started noticing few girls in my class applying lipsticks and even many kids in television commercials. But with that I even noticed the comments passed by many judgmental people around me.
That did hold me back a bit but then I thought that these people don't really matter to me because I live my life for myself, not for them.

At the age of 17, I applied a lipstick for the first time ever. Many things did go through my mind like what will be everyone's reaction or will they look at me in a weird way.But as these thoughts came by as a gust of wind and went away in the way. I was all for experimenting with something different. I wanted to go all out with my first ever lipstick. I wanted to be bold and out there and express myself through my lip colour.
Coincidentally that's when the movie Student of the year came out and Alia Bhatt rocked that red lip like a bomb. And that's when I decided red is definitely the colour for me.

I rocked a red lip for the first time at my friend's birthday party. Though few people were in shock but I received quite a few compliments as well. And that's how it all  began.
People have tons of misconceptions and first one is that lipsticks make lips darker. That's a myth. Lipsticks go into the crevices of your lips and helps to enhance not only your lips but also your features. Just apply a coat of lip balm to avoid any dryness and also go for better quality lipsticks. When it comes to lipsticks, they are like a clothing item for your lips. Just like you want to dress yourself up in the best possible clothes, it's the same for lips as well.

Don't always go for inexpensive lipsticks because even though they are lighter on your wallet but they might contain enormous amount of chemicals which can cause allergy or any infection.
It's better to go for some well known brands like Maybelline, L'Oreal Paris, Nyx because not only they are available at an affordable price range but also have a reputation which promises good quality makeup products.
The other misconception the younger lot has that it's just for adults, actually the word 'AUNTIES' to be precise. Absolutely not. We need to get our minds of that because applying a lipstick doesn't make you look older. There is no age barrier. It's meant for each and everyone of you. If you like it then wear it and if not then it's your own personal choice.

The other horrendous thing I've heard is that few bright lipsticks are an invitation to the boys and therefor girls shouldn't wear those shades. Really?!!! That's just rubbish. If a girl wears dark bold colors like red, maroon, orange etc it is not because she wants to invite guys or wants any attention. It is because she wants to dress up for herself and wants to express herself through those colors. Our face is like a canvas and women use makeup to express themselves and not to impress anyone.

As you'll might have already noticed the fact that I adore lipsticks, I also thought of sharing few of my favorite must have lipsticks. These lipsticks will be apt for every girl going through different walks of life.

1. The Mac Retro Matte Ruby Woo


Might have heard about this particular lipstick about a zillion times. It is a holy grail product for celebrities like Taylor Swift, Rita Ora, Rebecca T and many youtubers swear by this lipstick as well. Why shouldn't there be a hype about this? It's totally worth it. Slightly on the pricey side but once you try it on, you will not be disappointed. For me, a red lip is not restricted to any particular event. If you do not want to apply any makeup but still make a statement, simply just rock a red lip and you are good to go.







2. Miss Claire Lip Cream



Miss Claire lip creams are known best for being dupes of the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams. But they aren't just all that. Their lip creams are well pigmented and do last long. It sits well  and doesn't dry out the lips at all. My favorite is the Miss Claire Lip Cream in the shade 05. It's the perfect every day pink with slightly blue undertones to it. This one is my go to lip cream when I go for a casual outing with friends.










3. Peachy Little Liars- Sugar cosmetics

Finding the perfect nude is a big hassle. Most of the nudes available in the market washes out the complexion and it's just blah!!! After searching for a long time, I did come across the perfect nude for Indian skin tones. Sugar cosmetics has recently launched few new shades in their It's Pout time range and one of them is Peachy Little Liars. This lipstick has a creamy consistency but settles down matte. It glides on the lips and doesn't dry it out. This nude lipstick is the perfect ac-compliment to a dramatic eye makeup look. Also will be perfect for college and also professional business meetings as it is not very stark and on the face kind of shade.


4. Nyx Ombre lip duo










Nyx is already well known all around the globe for coming up with best quality makeup products but at an affordable price range. Though they are known for their soft matte lip creams but their recent launch that is the Nyx Ombre Lip duo is the one to die for. The lip duo comes with a lip liner on one end and the lipstick on the other. The basic thought behind this lip product is to create an ombre look with the lip liner being of a slightly darker shade than the actual lipstick shade.
After trying few shades from this collection, I fell in love with one particular shade and that is the shade cinnamon and spice. Oh My God!! No words are enough for this lipstick. This one is such a gorgeous mauve colour with slight brown tinge to it. It has smooth consistency but sits matte on the lips. It stays on for super duper long and is a definite attention grabber. This lipstick gives my lips a fuller look and I can never wipe the smile of my face whenever I wear this particular lipstick.      












These are my current favorite lipsticks. Do let me know your favorite lipsticks as well.

And I know this particular post is slightly different than the others but I really wanted to share my own story and few other things which are definitely going through many minds. I hope this would have helped you girls out there.

P.S:  Just be yourself and do what you want. It's your life and you are the master of your own destiny.
Also do comment below and share your own lipstick story to me. It would mean a lot.

Thank You for Reading,
KIRAN DANI

Also follow me on all my social media accounts,
Instagram: THEKIRANDANI
Twitter; DANIKIRAN
Roposo: Kirandani6






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites