GO SAFE OR ALL OUT FOR THIS DIWALI FESTIVAL








  • "Many Deepavali festivals have come and gone. Yet the hearts of the vast majority are as dark as the night of the new moon. The house is lit with lamps, but the heart is full of the darkness of ignorance. O man! wake up from the slumber of ignorance. Realize the constant and eternal light of the Soul which neither rises nor sets, through meditation and deep enquiry."

  • P.S- KINDLY READ TILL THE END. THERE IS SOMETHING I WANTED TO CONVEY TO MY READERS. 

  • Diwali has finally arrived. Not only it's all about the lights, decorations and rangoli but also a great excuse for everyone to get ready and put their best foot forward. For the people who don't know what exactly Diwali is, it is way more than just a "festival of lights". It is the day when Good conquered the Evil. It is also considered to be a new beginning in everyone's life. This festival is celebrated by every Hindu household throughout the world. The Diwali week begins with Dhanteras- the day of worshiping the Goddess of Wealth, being thankful for the prosperity and ends with Bhai Dooj.

  • As it is all about the celebration of new beginnings, it's pretty common for people to be dressed up and want to look their best throughout this week. I came up with 2 different outfit options for the auspicious day of Diwali.

  • 1. GO THE SAFE ROUTE

  • At times Traditional clothing is not everyone's cup of tea. Trust me, I am just one of them. Taking care of the long-ass dupatta and tons of jewelry is a hassle and at times quite irritating. But I din't feel like wearing the "same old same old" jeans and a top or kurti. I wanted to try something which was different than my everyday style but also comfortable for me to be in throughout the day. That is when I came up with this very safe, comfortable but totally ethnic look. I decided to go with A Long Kurti which has a front slit and flower print which gives a slight festive vibe and a plain pink palazzo that matches the pink flowers present on the kurti and also gives a great pop of colour. In order to look different and completely Diwali ready I added a dainty Gold Mangtikka which has different small stones embedded in it. 








  • OUTFIT DETAILS:
    KURTI- STITCHED
    PALAZZO- AMAZON
    MANGTIKKA- MOTHER'S CLOSET


    2. GO ALL OUT

    Want to stand out from the crowd and embrace the Diwali festival by it's roots? Wearing kurtis, palazzos, churidaars, salwar kameez has become an everyday affair for so many people. If you want to give a shocking surprise to yourself and especially your parents, then just raid your mother's closet and get the best saree out. Be the Desi Girl your parents have been dying to see( totally relatable) and give them the shock of their lives. Hahahaha!! I sound so evil but I actually meant it in a good way. 
    You can drape the saree in numerous possible ways, either like a skirt or a cape over a singlet. Do try these once, it actually works. But for me, there is nothing more beautiful than the classic way of wearing a saree. It took me some time to get used to this attire but once I was comfortable, I felt absolutely gorgeous in it.(not bragging)
    Because saree has a very expensive look to it irrespective whether it is a light, Georgette saree or a full blown heavy one, I kept it minimalistic with the jewelry. Added a pair of light gold leaf structured earrings and an intricate gold designed Mangtikka.



    Hahahahah..Trying the Yash Chopra/Karan Johar film move!! 




    OUTFIT DETAILS:
    SAREE- JABONG
    EARRINGS- MYNTRA
    MANGTIKKA- MOTHER'S CLOSET


    Thank you so much for reading till the end. As I had announced in my previous blog post that I am going to introduce something new and the time has finally arrived. I can't believe that I am getting a chance to do something I have been waiting for so long.

    Don't worry it's not going to be a big speech or something. Because it's Diwali I thought I'll make the most of this day after all It is all about the good winning over the evil. Why shouldn't we do that in our day to day lives? Why do we need something extremely ginormous to happen to make us happy? There are so many bad things happening not only in India but all around the world. This year 2016 specifically has seen so many terrorist attacks and so many lives lost. People are still struggling to get an identity and a meaning to their life. Because of the few people in our world who are fighting for just a piece of land, there are innocent lives which are getting affected in the worst way possible.

    Not just that, there are so many people around us who do have the freedom to live their life own their own accord but do not have that mental freedom which leads to murders and suicides. There are so many things we face on a regular basis but what we really need is just a person to talk to or a small reason to smile and distract ourselves. Luckily whenever I faced any issue or felt depressed I had my mother to fall back on but everyone doesn't.

    Remove few minutes out of your life and spend that precious time on someone else. It might be your parents, relatives or at times even strangers. Just a small gesture will bring light to someone's life and that in turn will bring immense joy to yourself. From this blog post onward I will just one small thing from you'll. It would mean the world to me if even one person does that. It isn't going to be a task or something out of this world.
    Today let's take baby steps and start from our own homes. Just  Thank your parents and give them a big,cuddly hug. They might be shocked as to why did you do that but just smile back and hug them.They have been and will always be your angels for life and beyond. There shouldn't be a reason as to why you did that because they deserve way more from us but this is just the beginning. 

    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING AROUND. 
    DO COMMENT BELOW AND LET ME KNOW YOUR PARENT'S REACTION.

    LOVE, 
    KIRAN DANI


    CONNECT WITH ME ON:
    INSTAGRAM: THEKIRANDANI
    TWITTER: DANIKIRAN
    ROPOSO: KIRAN06
    EMAIL ID: DANIKIRAN6@GMAIL.COM

    Comments

    1. Hey Kiran - Saw your blog.

      You have got the looks and your dress sense is superb. I am a Delhi based photographer who is currently working in Mumbai.

      Do let me know if u wish to schedule a photo session with me.

      I shoot outdoors, non-commercially and you can check my work at : https://www.flickr.com/photos/rishi-gajbhiye/albums

      Regards,
      Rishi Gajbhiye

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you so much!! Appreciate it

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

    BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

    Top 5 Indian online shopping websites