FAVORITE NAIL POLISHES 2016 + TIPS


                                          

I have never ever had a manicure done in 21 years of my life. Now that doesn't mean that I don't care about my hands or my nails but personally I prefer to sit on my bed, watch videos and pamper myself in the most comfortable and cozy environment. That is relaxing for me. So whenever I get the time, I remove all of my weapons, the nail cutter and nail filer and get on with the work. Not a complete pro at it but whatever I do it works for me.TIP: What I have learnt by observing people in the salon is that it is better to soak your hands in a bowl of warm water, that helps to soften up your cuticles which makes it easier to cut and shape it. Also don't forget to moisture your hands, you definitely do not want your skin to start peeling off right.

Now after all the gross work is done,comes the best part and that is NAIL POLISH. Just like I feel something is missing without a watch, the same way a look is not complete without nail polish. How ever you would neglect or underestimate it, nail polish surely compliments a look perfectly.

This year there are few shades I have been loving and have been reaching out to time and time again.

1. NYKAA NAIL ENAMEL
 Just a year back Nykaa started making it's mark for more than just an app, it started it's own beauty range with first introducing the nail enamels. After that there has been a hype about it throughout YouTube and the blogging world but let me tell you, it's definitely worth the hype. Not only the price point of their nail enamels are extremely affordable but the color range is to die for. There is something for everyone. The first two nail polishes I purchased was MINT MERINGUE AND WATERMELON SORBET and since then it has been my favorite throughout the year. The Mint Meringue is just a different, unique color itself and the application is smooth, not striky and stays intact for 5-6 days.


MINT MERINGUE


WATERMELON SORBET




2. NYKAA MATTE NAIL LACQUER
Matte lipsticks, makeup and now matte nail polishes have been the ongoing trend in 2016. Keeping up with it I recently ordered the Nykaa matte nail lacquer because it was reasonable as well as the only brand in my knowledge which had the matte nail polish range. Frankly I was quite skeptical about the whole matte nail polish thing but I think so it has grown on me and I absolutely loved it. The LAVENDER PANNACOTTA has been an experimental one for me and I am so glad that I tried. The nail lacquer is slightly thicker in consistency as compared to the regular nail polishes. It goes opaque in one application and luckily it is not striky like the other few colors in this range. It goes matte and dries up in a couple of minutes and stays on for a week.

LAVENDER PANNACOTTA




3. LAKME  COLOR CRUSH
The Lakme Color Crush range has always been a classic for me. This range has extremely vibrant and funky colors which is perfect for any season. My favorites are shade no.23 and shade no.27. These nail polishes require two coats but it is worth the effort because the result is bright and compliments any outfit. Out of these two, my absolute favorite is the shade no.27 because I find the mix of turquoise with slight hues of blue just unique. Don't worry, irrespective of being a branded nail polish this range is affordable as well.


LAKME CRUSH SHADE NO.27


LAKME CRUSH SHADE NO.23


4. STUDIO WEST MAAYA  VIVID NAIL COLOR
I have never been a fan of glittery, chunky nail polishes but I was just in the mood to experiment with a silver nail polish but with fine glitter and not too over the top. Luckily I received the Studio west nail color in the shade SILVER SAGA at a popxo event and this shade was just what I was in search for. This silver shade goes opaque in one go and has the right amount of glitter without it looking extremely tacky. The Studio west nail polishes have a ball bearing in each bottle which helps the nail polish to stay liquid and no tension of it getting dried up.


SILVER SAGA


5. COLORAMA
This might not be the one most people are aware about and even I wasn't until I was gifted a set of nail polishes from this brand. There was one particular shade which I always go for and that is the purple one. This one is perfect for the fall and winter season as it will add that touch of vampy vibes to your berry or plum lips. The color is not opaque therefore it requires 2 coats but this understated regional brand comes up with the best quality nail polishes which can be compared to best of the best brands.





TIPS: If you want your nail polish to dry up quickly, immerse your nails in a bowl of icy cold water and within a matter of minutes the nail polish will dry up. And if you want you regular nail polish to have that matte look then keep your nails immersed in the bowl of water for few extra minutes.

Nykaa CPA





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites