Skip to main content

BOLLYWOOD INSPIRED


Whenever I watch a Bollywood movie on the big screen with complete feel and loud sound sequences, along with enjoying the Rom-com, dance numbers, I also scrutinize the clothes the actresses wear in the movie. Guilty as charged but to be honest all girls do that.
And there has always been one question on my mind, where can I get the exact outfit and entire look from? 
I can definitely tell you that many a times I have rushed back home, opened all shopping apps and have started browsing through like a crazy lady but have always come up with one conclusion, "the looks that I love are never available anywhere".
Even though I want to pair up my individualistic style with something Bollywood inspired but there is hardly anything in the market that fulfills my wishes. 
There are few websites that do sell clothes by branding a certain collection to be movie inspired but after you start checking that particular collection, it is nothing close to what they are advertising.


Just a few months back when the most anticipated movie "Bahubali2" was about to hit the screens, I was invited for the "Bahubali2 inspired designer collection" launch. 
I had zero to nothing expectations as this was my first ever fashion show and after attending it, I certainly loved the ambiance, the welcome, the show and most importantly the clothes as well.
This wasn't one of those designer shows that you can just watch and be in awe but in reality no one would ever wear things like that. The entire Bahubali2 inspired collection was all about embracing the colors, the mood and silhouettes from the screen and bringing it to life for the audience so that it is more wearable and more simplistic. 

One particular collection designed by Anupama Dayal caught my attention the most. It was everything this movie represents to me and more. The collection consists of maxi dresses, dhoti pants and crop tops which can be paired up with absolutely anything and can be worn for casual events or you can wear the set as it comes to fancy shows. The color palette consisted of black, sea green and subtle gold hues, without making it over the top. Not only it show cases the creativity but also is engaging for every type of audience and everyone can get their money worth.

Therefore I went with my gut and selected this beautiful black and gold sleeveless maxi piece from the Anupama Dayal collection. It is an entire outfit in itself. There is no hassle to jazz it up as the colors speak for themselves and the soft, light and regal fabric makes you feel no less than a warrior princess.
Without overdoing it and continuing with the same color palette,I just paired it up with a pair of black and gold tassel earrings and black heels.











Black And Gold Maxi Dress- www.bollywoo.oo
Tassel Earrings- Colaba Causeway, Mumbai
Black Heels- Regal, Mumbai


Hope you all enjoyed this fashion post
So much more will be coming your way
Thank you for reading,
Kiran Dani

YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON:
INSTAGRAM- @THEKIRANDANI
TWITTER- @DANIKIRAN
FACEBOOK PAGE- THEKIRANDANI
YOUTUBE CHANNEL- KIRAN DANI
EMAIL ID- danikiran6@gmail.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONQUER THE WORLD IN BLACK

Black isn't just the colour of grievance nor the representative of sadness around the world. The color Black for me exudes confidence, individuality, a mirror which reflects a person's attitude and also according to me the only color which is extremely versatile. Instead of finding out the darkness behind it, we can try to find and get captured by the strength and creativity that is present in it.  Personally I have always been and always will be committed to this particular color. That is a huge statement in itself!! In this world the word commitment can't be just thrown around, right? Well I have enough proof to back my statement and the proof is present in my closet itself.  Apart from the obvious reasons like "black makes you look thin", "if you don't know what to wear then just wear black", there are more reasons to support my favoritism towards the color black and also this look.
For me as an individual, whenever I throw on something black it…

TRAVEL LIGHT FT SHEIN.COM

“What you've done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
These exact words hit me straight in the heart and this is what always makes me want to forget the world and start a journey into self discovery that I would never forget. No amount of food, technology (even though I'm addicted) can replace the experiences, emotional connect one has with just themselves. That's why travel whenever you get the chance to, irrespective of the fact that it might either be 2 hours away from you or maybe miles further. No place is small or big, just you and your thoughts are what matters.
I so knew that if I do begin writing about anything related to travelling, I will definitely slide away from the fashion aspect of it and dive into the emotions involved. But that's just how I …

GETTING GRAPHIC WITH PRINT OCTOPUS

Graphic Tees are making a huge turnaround in the fashion world and about time that it is happening.  Graphic Tees have always been my weakness, not only because they are funky and suitable everywhere irrespective of the event or weather but they also go with my ideology of expressing oneself through your style. All of my outfit ideas and style always surround the concept of showing your personality and speaking out loud. Graphic Tees easily do that job. It is next to impossible for a person to ignore or avoid what's written on it as it naturally attracts anyone's attention because of the quirky design and colors. 
We, college going students have already embraced this fashion trend to the roots but now this is the talk of the fashion week. From designers like Gaurav Gupta, Michael Kors and such amazing designers are proudly presenting their Avant Garde collection paired with basic graphic tees which send a social message and are all for women empowerment. 
So therefore instead…