Another year, Another Adventure

It has been such a long time since I have blogged and it feels great to be back at it. There has been so much going about in the last two months and that to all special and eventful things. I got to experience living alone in a foreign country and still going on strong, travelled to few beautiful places in Scotland and experienced the demon in the form of exams. 
Beginning with the month of October, Ahhh my favourite month of the entire year because it's my birthday month and for the first time I would be spending it away from home but unfortunately without my mumma. Aside from being at Glasgow, I went on an adventurous trip to a small town nearby called Balloch. Taking the early moment Scot rail, My friend and I reached the lake side town and was taken back by the beautiful nature and quite ambience. Unfortunately due to the lack of information, we missed the speed boat but luckily we jumped on the cruise and were a spectator of the mesmerising islands and castles. But it was super cold and very breezy. But the highlight was the day was riding the bike all around the island alongside the dense greenery and lake. Creating some memories and doing things which I have never done before. After coming back home in the evening, even though I was a tad bit tired but didn't want to waste anytime so I headed out for dinner at TGIF and ended the night at Wild Cabaret partying our hearts out.








I did things I never thought I would do and I seriously loved every single bit of it. I was surely looking forward to spending Diwali here. 
Diwali didn't disappoint me at all and didn't make me miss India a lot because I felt I was back in India. Got dressed in my traditional Diwali clothes and visited the temple nearby. I was already back in India. After attending the Pooja and meeting up with fellow Indians, we ended the day with some yummy Indian food with more festive ambience.




After so many of adventures and experiences, I got striked by reality, that is exams and assignments. Ughhh what a nightmare. Prepared for assignments day and night, went from being lost to understanding statistics to the T and just as the assignments got done , I got bombarded with exams. I had to study end moment due to lack of time, and nevertheless how ever bad the exams were, I got done with it. 
The only way I got through these exams and all the university assignment work was just due to my obsession of binge watching Korean dramas and Korean pop music. Thank God for that. 
After binge watching some more dramas, I finally decided that I should explore few more places close by. So just few days back I went to the town of Fort William which is a must if you are ever visiting Scotland. The route from Glasgow to Fort William is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. No amount of pictures can do justice to the picturesque sight, snow covered mountains and icy waterfalls. After reaching Fort William, I boarded the much awaited Jacobite Train to experience and fulfil my Harry Potter craze. The Glennifinnan bridge was the highlight of the journey and the village of Mallaig was refreshing but super cold. The next day at Fort William was supposed to be a hike at Glen Nevis but because of the cold, rain and fog that got cancelled and instead just explored the city a bit, hogged on tons on McDonalds and played rounds and rounds of bowling and air hockey.




Here I am today on Christmas Day, just looking back to the things I have done and the travelling that I'll be doing tomorrow as well as the next year. After experiencing the Christmas fireworks and Christmas lights in the city of Glasgow, today is just about staying in and enjoying some home cooked food.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites