JOURNEY FROM UK TO NETHERLANDS- EUROPE TRIP 2018



The year 2018 was a legit rollercoaster with many dips, supreme heights and has gone by in a flash. I cannot believe the fact that I actually achieved some of the things I had dreamt about as a child. But it wasn't just me to be honest, it was my mother and her unconditional support that I received throughout this particular phase of my life. It was surreal to tick off many things of my check list and that to just at the age of 22. I still relive all of those moments in my mind and in a way, all the adventures, struggle and pain, just makes me believe that there is more that I can do, the potential is never ending and if I take just a step forward, something far more than imagination will take place and it will be worth every effort I've ever put in.






Just like this adventure of mine. If I wouldn't have taken a break after my Bachelors to figure things out and put in effort to make dreams into reality, I wouldn't be a Masters degree holder from an International University and to be honest, my entire experience is way more than just this degree. The journey began wit the idea of staying abroad and getting a Masters but who would've thought that I would get more than that, I actually have a home away from home. It didn't come as easy as it sounds. For me, leaving my mother for almost 2 years was a nightmare but I had to take the plunge. Along with that, I had my own personal struggles, home sickness, difficulty in adapting to the work culture in London but after the early cold mornings, endless tube rides, having ideological differences with people during University, I still own up to it all because I was still myself irrespective of the place and people I was surrounded by.

But what topped this glorious dream of mine to study in UK was without a doubt, the traveling. I always had it in my mind but I never made it evident. It was just a thought but I would have never imagined that I would be able to explore so much and come across so many cultures in a span of 1 and half years. It all started with my 22nd birthday where I made a trip to a neighboring town, Loch Lomond in Scotland and basically there was no looking back. Traveling in Scotland and United Kingdom kind of became like a weekend thing, but it was topped by my first ever all girls Europe trip. I have always traveled with Mom and have absolutely loved it but every experience is different in a good way and this time it was an absolute new place, with new people and I further exceeded my own expectations by kind of figuring it out most of trip. It was a personal growth for me in a way and in a way, I liked taking up that kind of a responsibility

The trip began haphazardly as we all just moved out with tons and tons of bags from Glasgow and took it all to London but after the long 2 days filled with struggle, we picked ourselves up and off we were for a long 3 weeks trip to Europe.


Netherlands was the first leg of our trip. I wasn't bothered by the exhaustion or the fact this would be the longest trip I have ever been on, the only thing I had in mind was that I just wanted to take it all in, make tons of memories and feel ever so grateful and thankful for every moment.



For me, Amsterdam was this hype that was ever so in my mind since 4-5 years. As I landed in the evening, absolutely exhausted, clueless and food deprived, I just wanted to crash in bed and start the next day exploring the city of Amsterdam.

After figuring out our plan for the next 5 days, we decided to spend most of our time in Amsterdam and explore two neighboring cities, Rotterdam and Haarlem, both world apart but filled with excitement.



Amsterdam is tourist heaven to say the least. More than the lively touristy atmosphere, beautiful structures, culture, what made it for me was definitely the people. They were so friendly, helpful and welcoming. For first 5 days of the Europe trip 2018 I stayed in Amsterdam which kind of started feeling home to me. Not even once I felt like an outsider, I could just merge in.







But what was an eye opener was the fact that every city in Netherlands was completely different. If Amsterdam was about the canals, music and museums, Haarlem was all about food markets and windmills whereas Rotterdam was all about the skyscrapers and the sea side.










Though there were tourists everywhere, we walked through quaint little lanes and explored hidden cafes. That's the  best way to do blend in, just try to experience every place like a local. You will definitely get more than you asked for and that's the adventure I would sign up for any day.
 I also got an opportunity to check out one of the most anticipated thing from my bucket list and that was the Anne Frank house. It was a task to get the tickets but on the last day, somehow I managed to get and made a run for it, literally.

The late night journeys, walking by canals, exploring beautiful bridges, eating by roadside cafes, meeting the most talented people, getting lost but coming across undiscovered gems and of course the endless walks, made this place the most memorable one for me.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAVELLING SCOTLAND WITH DANIEL WELLINGTON

BE A STAR WITH BEWAKOOF.COM

Top 5 Indian online shopping websites